Heat cost allocators
According to the Royal Decree transposing the Energy Efficiency Directive, all dwellings having central heating systems shall install meters or heat cost allocators. CEIS carries out inspections of the installations to contribute to increasing users’ confidence.
Thus, a homeowners’ association that has two cost allocators installed will be able to request that CEIS carry out an inspection, regarding the following:
- That the radiator inventory carried out by the company in charge of installing the cost allocators corresponds to the number of radiators existing in the dwellings.
- That the cost allocators are sealed and working, as well as correctly placed on the radiators.
- That each room has been correctly assigned the cost allocators, by reviewing their serial numbers.
- That, in case there are radiator covers, the cost allocators have the mandatory external sensors installed.
- That the radiators are identified with all the necessary parameters to be able to collect readings in a reliable way.
These inspections can be requested by the installing companies, the homeowners’ associations or by any of the neighbours.