An error occurred while sending the contact message
Contact message has been sent successfully
Electrical tests according to project
CEIS is committed to ensuring the safety and quality of products on the electrical market. Therefore, in addition to our main activity of assessment product conformity according to standards, we provide our experience in electrical engineering to help our customers prepare their bidding documents and implementation tests that their products have to pass in order to meet the conditions of certain installations.
Performing these tests involves a limited scope in terms of cost, time and objective, and therefore they are performed according to the project and in line with our customers’ needs.
This service entails implementing different tests, which include the following:
- Short-circuit test: We have a short-circuit station which permits assessing products when subjected to sudden over-currents with a trip power of up to 13 kA.
- Climate cycles: We have a large variety of climate chambers where we are able to subject different products to adverse environmental conditions, including UV ageing, thermal stress or corrosion in saline atmospheres.
- Protection degree: We assess the capability of product enclosures to protect from ingress by liquids or solids, and also mechanical impact.
- Material characterisation: We have a wide range of equipment to characterise materials related to electrical products. The main ones are as follows:
- Dielectric properties
- Mechanical properties
- Thermal properties
- COMECA Project: A number of tests were conducted that permitted assessing the state of the replacement industrial switchgear for auxiliary services at nuclear power plants.
- THERMOS Project: A number of tests were designed that permitted defining the thermal stress a number of cable trays were subjected to by simulating a real assembly of the trays in a controlled environment.
- ARCA Project: The objective of this particular case was to design a set of tests to assess the functioning of a low voltage electrical panel to be installed in underground inspection hatches. The thermal cycle tests under water at a set pressure are particularly noteworthy.
- RTE Project: A number of tests were established in the bidding documents to define the ageing of the different components comprising the aerial power lines in order to establish a model that would predict future collapse in lines with similar specifications.