Tests on bird life protection devices
CEIS conducts tests on bird life protection devices , devices or covers of polymeric insulating materials (usually silicone) used to avoid collision and contact of birds with electricity poles and/or power lines.
Tests on bird life protection devices are carried out in conformity with specification EA 0058:2016, document prepared by the Spanish Association for Standardisation (UNE) prior to the actual standard, enabling to verify their safety and good performance in 1 kV-66 kV distribution and transmission installations.
CEIS tests enable to comply with requirements set forth in national legislation on environmental liability regarding the protection of bird life as defined in RD 1432/2008 and the different regional regulations such as Decree 40/1998 in the Region of Madrid or Decree 178/2006 in the Region of Andalusia.
Tests on composition materials
Types of tests on the different composition materials:
- Shore hardness test (UNE-EN ISO 868)
- Tensile strength and elongation at break test (UNE-EN 60811-501)
- Tear resistance test (UNE-HD 605)
- Flammability or glow wire test (UNE-EN 60695-2-11)
- Dielectric strength test (UNE-EN 60243-1)
- Climate ageing test (UNE 211605)
- Ozone resistance test (UNE-EN 60811 -403)
Tests on all bird life protection devices
Types of tests conducted on all protection elements:
- Structure and dimensions
- Marking verification
- Appearance and finishing
- Mechanical test at low temperature
- Lock mechanical test
- Dielectric and leakage current test
CEIS carries out each and every one of the tests both on composition materials and on the end product in conformity with EA 0058:2016 “Protective coating anti-electrocution of birds on overhead distribution lines”, and in conformity with Endesa Distribución’s own specification GE BNA 001:2018.