What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded to the user’s device when they visit a web page. Their main purpose is to recognise the user whenever they access the website, whilst also allowing for the website’s quality and usage to be improved.
- Ensure that web pages work properly.
- Store preferences, such as the language or text size selected.
- Understand the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical data, such as which pages the user visited and how long they stayed on the website.
What type of cookies do we use?
CEIS uses the following types of cookies on its pages:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary to provide the service requested by the user.
- Performance cookies (anonymous) needed to maintain content and browsing capabilities. With these cookies, we only need to inform users of their existence.
- Third-party cookies that allow for the user to be monitored on websites not owned by CEIS. These are normally advertising or analytical cookies, where the user is uniquely and clearly identified.
How long are cookies activated for?
Depending on how long they are used for, cookies can either by session cookies or permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes their browser. The latter expire when their objective has been met (e.g. the user staying identified on the website), or when they are deleted manually.
Who processes or manages the cookies?
The data collected in cookies can be managed either by CEIS or third parties.
Technical cookies (required) are created and managed solely by CEIS.
Analytical cookies use applications from third parties who provide a service to measure and analyse the audience of our web pages and video and document downloads, whilst facilitating and monitoring the connection and publication of content between the CEIS website and different social networks.
The third-party applications used by CEIS are Facebook, Google and LinkedIn.
The information they obtain is related to the number of pages visited, the language, the social media on which our news is published, the region from which the page is accessed, the number of new users, the frequency, length and repetition of visits, the web browser and operator or type of terminal from which the visit is made.
These third-party applications may also use this information to improve their own services and offer services to other companies. You can get more information on the privacy policies of Facebook, Google and LinkedIn at the following links:
How can you activate your options on cookie control?
You can decide whether to accept cookies through the settings on your web browser or smartphone. Your web browser or smartphone gives you the option to delete all cookies, including technical cookies. These cookies are an important part of how our online services work, so you should bear in mind that if you choose to reject or delete cookies, this may affect the availability and functionality of CEIS online services.
Please note that the option to reject cookies is specific to each browser you use. Therefore, if you choose to reject cookies on one device and want this option to apply to another device, you need to select the same option on the other device.
The cookies installed on your system should be configured through your browser options: