South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and CEIS sign a contract to carry out testing plastic pipes
ceis will collaborate with SABS, South African Bureau of Standards, in assessment of different types of plastic pipes according to its certifications programs.
In particular, ceis will carry out tests accordint to the following standards:
- SANS 21138-1-2-3 Plastics piping systems for non-pressure underground drainage and sewerage — Structured-wall piping systems of unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U), polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE)
- SANS 4427-1-2-3-5 Plastics piping systems — Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings for water supply
- SANS 4437 Buried polyethylene (PE) pipes for the supply of gaseous fuels – Metric series
- SANS 16422 Pipes and joints made of oriented unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-O) for the conveyance of water under pressure
- SANS 674 Steel Reinforced Spirally Wound PE Drainage and Sewer Pipes
- SANS 966-1-2 Unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U) pressure pipe systems
ceis increases his international acknowledgements by more assessment bodies. The SABS certifications have a high value in the markets of countries like South Africa, Angola or Nigeria.